If you are interested in public policy, and want to contribute to the success of our democracy, you have come to the right place.
- Becoming a member allows you to have more of a say in the direction of our local League and weigh in on the issues we will take up. We are member driven, and so our members help direct our choice of programs and get involved in carrying them out
- To join, click here and choose between downloading a PDF file to fill out and mail in with your check or submitting your memberhip online using PayPal. You will be able to pay via a PayPal account or with a credit card using the PayPal interface.
- No time to participate but want to support us? Becoming a member helps show your support beyond simply paying your dues, as it will be reflected in our membership numbers and communicates the reach of our local League others in the community. With a membership, we are better able to keep you connected and get your input to help us carry out our work.
- Perhaps you are a member and want to do more. Or you just want to help support our work. A donation is the perfect choice.
- You can also consider sponsoring student and/or low-income memberships (only $20 per membership)
- Go further and become a core donor to support our advocacy on important issues
- Consider a legacy donation
You can find information on upcoming meetings on our Calendar page.
We conduct two main types of meetings. You can track both types on our Calendar page:
Public meetings with a key speaker or panel presenting to the audience along with a Q&A period. These typically begin at 5:30 with a social time for sign-in, mingling and meeting our speaker(s). Presentations generally last from 6:00 until 7:30 when the meeting closes.
"Drinks & Dialogue" more informal events which take place after working hours, generally on Thursdays from 5:30 - 6:30. We find public places to meet where you can typically order food and drink of your choice. These follow a theme and we invite a speaker on that theme to kick off the meeting with a brief informational overview. After this introduction, the discussion is open for Q&A and exchange. A quick and fun way to get to know our members!
If you want to get involved doing something active but aren't ready to join, volunteering may be the best way to do that. Click here to jump to our volunteer sign up page and let us know what you are interested in doing. We draw our volunteers from members and non-members alike.
You will get to know some of our key members and those who lead on various issues. And you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to shaping our work.
You can do good work in your community and have fun at the same time!
Voter registration drives, in particular, are key opportunities. They form a major ongoing component of our work nationwide. Volunteers love it and it contributes directly to strengthening our democracy.
- Our newsletter is the best way to follow what we are doing in a little more depth than simply consulting our calendar. Members will receive the newsletter automatically.
- If you are not a member and wish to receive the newsletter, it's free! Sign up using the short form at the bottom right of any page on our site, such as this one.