The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Vision, Beliefs and Intentions
The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide. We are a nonpartisan political membership organization.
- act after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels.
- build citizen participation in the democratic process.
- engage communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
We believe in:
· respect for individuals.
· the value of diversity.
· the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities.
· the power of collective decision making for the common good.
· act with trust, integrity and professionalism.
· operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public.
· take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership.
Acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.