If you are interested in public policy, and want to contribute to the success of our democracy, you have come to the right place.
Attend a meeting
- you can find information on upcoming meetings on our Calendar page - click here to jump directly to the calendar
- we sponsor two main types of meetings. You can track both types on our Calendar page:
- more formal, public meetings with a key speaker or panel presenting to the audience along with a Q&A period. These typically begin at 5:30 with a social time for sign-in, mingling and meeting our speaker(s). Presentations generally last from 6:00 until 7:30 when the meeting closes.
- more informal "Drinks & Dialogue" events which take place after working hours, generally on Thursdays from 5:30 - 6:30. We find public places to meet where you can typically order food and drink of your choice. These follow a theme and we invite a speaker on that theme to kick off the meeting with a brief informational overview. After this introduction, the discussion is open for Q&A and exchange. A quick and fun way to get to know our members!
- if you want to get involved doing something active but aren't ready to join, volunteering may be the best way to do that. Click here to jump to our volunteer sign up page and let us know what you are interested in doing.
- you will get to know some of our key members and those who lead on various issues, and can contribute directly to shaping our work
- you can do good work in your community and have fun at the same time!
- voter registration drives, in particular, are key opportunities. They form a major ongoing component of our work nation wide. Volunteers love it and it contributes directly to strengthening our democracy.
Become a member
- becoming a member allows you to have more of a say in the direction of our local League and weigh in on the issues we will take up. Click on "Become a member" to the left to open a mail-in membership form.
- we are member driven, and so our members help direct our choice of programs and get involved in carrying them out
- no time to participate? Your dues as a member will show your support, keep you connected and help us carry out our work. They can be a more committed form of donation, and one we encourage as a first step, even if you are too pressed for time to participate often. You will still be informed regularly about what we are doing, and show your support by being counted among our membership.
- perhaps you are a member and want to do more. Or you just want to help support our work. A donation is the perfect choice.
- you can also consider sponsoring student and/or low-income memberships (only $20 per membership)
- go further and become a core donor to support our advocacy on important issues
- consider a legacy donation
- sign up for our Voter newsletter to follow our events and other League news - it's free!
- you can find the form to join our mailing list at the bottom right of any page on our site
- we will send our newsletter as well as occasional announcements about meetings
- click on "contact" on the left of the footer on any page on our website to send us an email with your questions or suggestions